RE: art technique - "stomata" - definition?????

---------

From: Carolyn McDonald (carolyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 05:42:31 PDT

"stomata"...I just looked it up with my browser:
The techniques used in the Mona Lisa are known as stomato and chiaroscuro.
Stomata (deriving from the Latin word for "smoke") , describes the smoky
atmospheric effects from the transitions between colors. It is evident in
the delicate gauzy robe and in her enigmatic smile.
Carolyn at Skyline Jr. High in Peoria, Az