Exceptional High School Art Work

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 07:08:48 PDT

 Judith Decker <jdecker4art@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Here are some excellent High School Lesson Plans from
>Nicole Brisco - Pleasant Grove High School - Texas
>http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Nicole.htm

Wow! These are great, AMAZING. Challenging, open-ended, requiring thought
and research and process to make...and best of all, I am sure that Nicole
does not know what these will look like until the student creates them! The
skill and background of her students is obvious in the finished product...but
this leads me to wonder what effect these sorts of challenges might have on much
younger and less advanced students...if all of the art challenges put to
students even in the early years asked students to go deep and Think Different...if
EACH student had to answer the art question in an individual manner, (more
individual than what color will you make the fish if we are all making fish).
Even if the finished work was much less polished, even if the questions were
less complex than Nicole's would both students and teachers would gain so much
more. Thanks for sharing this work. It gives me a lot to think about.
kathy douglas

---