Re: Room Decoration

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 17:30:21 PDT

It must be contagious. We had a new inspector this year and we were told the exact same thing. We're hoping they'll allow them to stay.
Carolyn
North Carolina

  I have a question for my fellow teachers. A fire inspector came through my school and decided that the painted ceiling tiles
  ( stunning copies of masterpieces and student originals!!)
  we've had up for 10 years had be taken down. He decided that they were a fire hazard since they were painted. My appeal was that they are painted with acrylic, just like the walls. Does anyone know of fire retardant I can apply that would be a clear coat? Since he's new to the job, were still negotiating.
  Any wisdom for me?
  Patti in Fla.

---