RE: Glazes for elementary school

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 15:00:45 PDT

I was fortunate enough to move into a new elementary school with a fabulous
kiln room, so I also started with nothing.
The majority of glazes I use are from Mayco:
http://www.maycocolors.com/catalog/catalogs.html
For solid colors, we use Stroke and Coat wonderglaze. It is transluucent with
one coat, but gets more opaque with subsequent layers. Works great with clear
glazes also. SPeckled oneas are fun.
http://www.maycocolors.com/catalog/s_n_c/s&c.html
I also love the colorburst type glazes and have found some great, non-toxic
ones that the kids love
also:http://www.maycocolors.com/catalog/crystallites/crystalites.html

 I have had great success with these glazes. The next ones I will order are
the dimensional Stroke and Coat for defining areas. Can't wait!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Fran Legman <flegman@comcast.net> =====
>I am about to order glazes for my K-5 school. This is my first kiln - big
>learning curve. What glazes do you prefer for this age group? Does anyone
>use a slab roller in elementary? Fran in NJ

---