dance company auction request

---------

From: K A (arizkma_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 13:39:35 PDT

Greetings Artist Friends ~

I am a board member for a nonprofit dance company in Phoenix, Arizona, called The Movement Source, Inc. The company's mission is to expand the audience for modern dance by making it more accessible through education and integration of the arts. They also give back to the community by teaching dance workshops to children. They have all major performances interpreted for the hearing impaired and have incorporated sign language movements into some of their pieces. Last spring the company performed a wonderful piece that integrated tall metal sculptures into their dance movements. I was also fortunate to be in a line dancing group that performed simultaneously with the modern dancers in last year's season finale. The company is very supportive of all art forms.

We are now soliciting auction items for our next fundraising event which will take place in February. The fund raising event is a silent auction for various goods and services. If anyone has any personal artwork that you would be willing to donate to this worthy cause, please e-mail me privately. I can mail you an official letter and form to record your donations. You could also include a business card to advertise your artwork. We are looking for both small and large items. Some smaller items may be grouped together in attractive baskets and auctioned as a set.

Please consider supporting this quality dance company. Currently the dancers do not always get paid for performances, and they even contribute to company-related expenses such as renting their rehersal space.

Thank you!!

~ Kathleen
arizkma@yahoo.com