"Art for Iraqi Kids" - Update for ART Supplies

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 10:57:53 PDT

Dear Artists and Art Educators,

Again, I am posting to all lists....

This is for all who wish to contribute to get ART
supplies to Iraq. (Use Operation Iraqi Children for
donations for school supplies)

I now have a contact person in Iraq who will get the
supplies we purchase to the children. It will be
through "Operation Crayon" - operating out of Kirkuk
Air Force Base. Ssgt Ruth Curfman will be there until
January and has guaranteed to get the supplies out.

The next step is to get a company on board and I am
working on that right now. What I am thinking is just
watercolor marker sets and white drawing paper...and
multicolor construction paper to be gifted to the
elementary classrooms.

All of my research shows that it would be best for me
to purchase the supplies all at once and have them
sent in one shipment. I will contact Fed Ex for that
once the company is lined up (My first choice is
Sax/Specialty School Supplies right now).

I will make one more post to all lists with the final
arrangements. Again - this is ART supplies. The best
way to do this would be for you to have a penny drive
in November (and the rest of this month)....then get
the checks to me around Thanksgiving or at least by
the end of November. I will place the order to go out
first of December...giving Ssgt Curfman time to get it
distributed. If we get more collected than what is
needed for the elementary schools, I will see what the
Secondary Art School needs most. ALL money you send to
me will go towards ART in the schools.

Don't respond with your interest now... I will collect
names once I have all details wrapped up.

Regards,

Judy Decker