Re: Lawn Painting with Powdered Tempera - Integrated lesson

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 06:01:44 PDT

We did Lawn Painting last year (Mona, The Scream, American Gothic) just
before the students had to choose classes for this school year - what a
recruiting event!!! We were outside working all day with our various
classes, filling the courtyard with art. Along with the lawn painting,
we also had a group of kids painting enlarged masterpieces on the
sidewalk - it was a wonderful day! The administration loved it because
it was integrating art with other subject areas and teaching the kids
proportion and graphing skills. We'll be doing it again, once each
semester, so that more kids get involved. To get the flour, last year,
we had each student bring in 2 5lb bags - we had enough left so that
this year, each student only had to bring in one bag.

---