Re: Glazes for elementary school - Linda Woods

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 17:06:33 PDT

Linda Woods is the Elementary Ceramics Expert you are
referring to.

Amaco Lead Free and Sax glazes are both good. Check
the health label codes in the catalog. If you want a
lot of colors - underglazes are a good way to go.

What colors to get depends on the project you are
doing... Glaze choice is an aesthetics issue - and
selection of colors part of the process. You just have
to provide them a variety of choices. I used my glaze
test tiles (that I made myself) for elementary too.

The project Jean wrote about are the Storyteller
figures and animals. Check her site - third grade last
year:
http://www.sjs.org/stories/default.asp?L2=3&newsid=44754

Judy Decker