"Recipe" for textured acrylic paint

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 08:11:53 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

This post is in honor of my friend, Lori Graham - a
very professional lady indeed.

Ann, sending this off list too....

Here are some easy "recipes" for textured acrylic
paint... the answer only took me a couple seconds to
find in my Sax catalogue. My prices may be outdated as
my catalogue is a year old.

The least expensive:

Chromacryl Texture Paste 8 oz. Sax special was $3.95
for 8 oz. jar. Sax # 108-9952

Next - more $$

Liquitex Light Modeling Paste Texture Gel - was $13.25
for 16 oz. jar. Sax #190-0620

Next - more $$

Liquitex Modeling Paste (more opaque) and or Gel
Medium (more transparent)...these are $14.95 and
$15.95 for a pint - may be too much for your budget?

Call 1-800-558-6696

If this doesn't answer your question try "Googling"
Recipe for textured acrylic paint or how to make
textured acrylic paint....or impasto acrylic
paint....something is bound to come up.

Sorry you have waited for days for an answer....I did
post my theory on what happened with Getty list....and
what to do if that should happen again.

I also know that members of ArtsEducators list who
continually bounce mail get removed. If the moderator
doesn't remove them - Yahoo automatically does. That
is a New Rule now with all Yahoo groups. Bouncing mail
ties up their server. I would recommend that members
of ArtsEducators list at least sign up to receive the
digest version. It is only one email a day. Many
questions are answered ....such as "What's up with
Getty?" I always post when the list is down.

This is what I suspect happened....Find out why your
school server may have been bouncing mail. A
reactivation email was probably sent personally and
you did not respond. The assumption is then that you
want to be removed.

Regards,

Judy Decker