Goals Assessment Form - Mid Point Grade - Files for Sharing (Work Ethic)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 05:48:24 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

"Work Ethic" - or lack of...has come up on all lists
and is a big concern of AP Studio teachers, too.
College Studio art is rigorous...one "shining star"
from the city schools here went to a prestigious
school east and couldn't cut it - dropped out and came
home....and is now trying to get into an Ohio school.
That being said....Nicole Brisco from the AP list has
shared her new Goals Assessment form.

Daily Goals Assessment:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/goals.htm
This is a self assessment...and very adaptable to
middle school, too... I can see this as "bell work"
every day. Middle school teachers may have to put the
goals for the day up on the overhead for the kiddies
to copy....but it is doable. I am wondering if there
needs to be a P answer too for making progress (the
kiddies would check NO and P if they made progress
towards goal).

Mid Point Grade Evaluation:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/mid.htm
I had to take the lines off under Strengths and Areas
to Polish as they kept
extending beyond the page when I changed to html.
You can add them in if you need them.

The mid point evaluation can be used with any extended
project - not just AP....take a look and see if you
can tweak it to your needs....These are put out there
for you to USE. Let me know if they work for you.
Nicole has had GREAT success with them...no more "woe
is me"....Yes, it is more work for her, too - but she
says it is worth it.

Lessons from Nicole to come....the student work will
WOW you.

Regards,

Judy Decker

Note about the AP Group: This sharing group is a test
for me... The "Experts" list was not used as it was
intended....Very few contributed anything with the
group. If the AP Group works - I will make smaller
groups of the Experts list. I know there is a need for
more plans for high school. However, it is the same
teachers who are willing to share. I want different
members to "pay it forward". Since a high school
teacher came to me first about this... I will work on
a high school lesson sharing group next. The greatest
need is for 3-D so that will be the focus group
(ceramics and sculpture). I'll keep you posted.
All lessons shared are NOT being added to IAD...but
are shared the easy way with the focus group. The AP
focus group is now closed. I have to keep these down
to about thirty or so.