Re: Room Decoration

---------

From: LarrySeiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 04:32:14 PDT

I too attacked my room walls last year with paint...and continue to.
An eight foot character of Johnny Depp's pirate, Stuart Little, Lord of the
Rings....a large Monet from a high school senior to go along with my 10'x
12' Van Gogh Starry Nite...and one wall that envelopes a smaller flag for
our morning pledge, filled with the battle scene of Pearl Harbor with the
USS Nevada in the foreground, and USS Arizona engulfed in flames with the
Oklahoma listing. The sky has about a dozen faces of sailors and soldiers,
pilots that died at Pearl Harbor.

On November 11th...we have each year a tribute half day event in our gym
with speakers and so forth to honor the veterans, and we'll invite the vets
down to our art room to take part in dedicating the wall tribute.

The art room should definitely look like its the place where things are
happening without a doubt. The rest of the school now is standing in line
with requests of various wall murals, but we are doing a sports tribute wall
right now near entrances of one set of doors. I say...smack 'em square in
the face. Confront 'em with art!

take care

Larry S.

---