Re: Color Schemes for the 1930's

---------

lpapanicolaou_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 17:46:25 PDT

I'm assuming the drama teacher doesn't want Depression
style, and that probably means some form of Art Deco/Art
Moderne. Try contemporary Hollywood movies or

1) Dover has books on decor of that period, some with color
illustrations of design motifs

2) Google the Normandie, which is the previous decade but
no school theatre audience is going to quibble and the art
is stunning. Here's one link a quick Google search brought
back:

http://uncommonjourneys.com/pages/normandie/

Linda P