Re: Room Decoration

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 07:54:37 PDT

Because we have limits on how much "paper" can be displayed in each
room (fire codes), we decided to paint famous artist portraits (of
artists that we study during the year) on the walls. We used outline
drawings of our chosen artists and created an overhead transparency
from the drawings. Then we projected the images (very very large) all
around the room. Using acrylic paint, the students painted the images
using a creative palette (not normal colors, i.e. Picasso has a purple
face) and we painted "frames" around the images. The portraits overlap
at different angles and really make the room look great!

---