Mayflower lesson--arts and activities

---------

From: Holly Kingman (baaaramu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 17:11:22 PDT

Does anybody have Arts & Activities magazine from October 1998? Or a copy of the lesson in there on page 23 called "Sailing on the Mayflower"? I only saved the first page of the lesson and am missing half of it. The lesson has a watercolor wash for the water (ripped in strips to look like waves), and the Mayflower is glued on top, with what looks like toothpick masts and cloth sails. I am wondering how the boats were made. They look like torn paper, but it is hard to tell. If anyone has done this lesson, or has the article, would you let me know? It looks like a good lesson.
Thanks for any help.
Holly