Re: Paint splattered paper table covers

---------

From: Judy Potter (jd-potter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 12:58:28 PDT

Larry these quilts are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing a
wonderful idea. I love the idea of using paint spattered papers (ala
Eric Carle) and creating the repeated patterns. This is an idea that can
be used for children of all ages. In most cases, the older the child,
the more intricate the patterns would be.
Judy Potter
Center for Best Practices in Early Childhood
Western Illinois University
Macomb, IL

Larry Prescott wrote:

> A couple of ideas. Think about collages made from the splattered table
> covers. Think of Eric Carle's collages. Next, you might use
> traditional american quilt block designs as patterns and have the kids
> create a collage quilt block design. I used this idea with sixth
> grade students.
> http://mms.d321.k12.id.us/webart/html/student%20work/quiltblo.html
>
> Larry

---