Re: Paint splattered paper table covers

---------

From: Larry Prescott (larrcott1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 10:43:14 PDT

A couple of ideas. Think about collages made from the splattered table covers. Think of Eric Carle's collages. Next, you might use traditional american quilt block designs as patterns and have the kids create a collage quilt block design. I used this idea with sixth grade students. http://mms.d321.k12.id.us/webart/html/student%20work/quiltblo.html

Larry

Hi there,

I have just joined this forum and love hearing all of your ideas. I have taught art for 13 years in the Los Abgeles area. I am currently teaching at a Catholic school, K-8. I have a wonderful supply of paint splattered paper table covers. Does anyone have an inspired idea as how to use these in an art project. I let my students use them once as shirts and pants in a self portrait. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks so much,

Chris