"Differentiated" lesson for Ceramics - High School

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 07:59:16 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

"Differentiated Lessons" was a recent topic on Getty
list. Here is a lesson from Barry Lucy - referred to
as "Verticle Lesson" - meaning mixed levels of
ability. This will help you write your own lessons
like this....Same concept - with different
expectations.
Creating Contrast Through Construction Techniques
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Barry-Ceramics.htm

Linked to High School Lessons on IAD.

Many of you have all levels of ceramics in one class
-beginning through advanced. Lessons like this can
save you hours of planning. Present the Big Ideas -
then let the students explore.

I don't know if this is how it works in all of Barry's
classes. I met Barry on the AP list serve. I recommend
it for those of you taking on the challenge.

To subscribe:
http://lyris.collegeboard.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?site=collegeboard&enter=ap-studio

AP list is moderated - posts need to be approved and
on topic. Sometimes it takes a while for posts to show
up.

Regards,

Judy Decker