PEACE: Bruderhof Peacemakers Guide

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 06:45:18 PDT

Dear List Members,

Many of you will see this on multiple lists. I hope
you read it once (smile).

Art Teachers will see how you can turn the material on
this site into Heroes lessons - Portraits of Peace.
Bruderhof Peacemakers Guide
http://www.peacemakersguide.org/
Peacemakers are NOT un-Patriotic by any means...

This site features a list of famous and not so famous
people who have worked for Peace....Showing that one
person can make a difference. You also get recommended
reading materials as well as the Week in History.
There was no International Day for Peace this year
(September 21 came and went)...I guess we missed that
one along with Internation Day for Eradication of
World Poverty (that was October 17). What can YOU do
to have a belated Eradication of World Poverty Day?

Consider the Heifer Project - start some kind of
school fundraiser for this.
http://www.heifer.org/
"Heifer is the first U.S.-based organization since
1997 to receive the world's largest humanitarian award
- the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize. The eminent
award will be presented to Heifer at an October 29
ceremony in New York."

Read all about it on the Web site. This organization
provides livestock all over the world. Think about it
this month....October is Hunger Awareness Month.

Lesson ideas for peace have been posted to Art4Peace.
Art Teachers: Share lesson ideas you have and I will
compile for a page on Incredible Art Department.

Many thanks to Michael Gerrish for sharing the
Peacemakers' Guide with me. Visit WhyArt.com to read
Michael's words of wisdom. http://www.whyart.com/

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department (IAD)