RE: Have a "Back up" for when Getty goes down

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 04:44:03 PDT

Thanks, Judy, for the info below.
Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Decker [mailto:jdecker4art@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 8:30 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Have a "Back up" for when Getty goes down

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I always post to the Yahoo groups when Getty list goes
down. I posted that Getty was down Saturday morning to
all three Yahoo lists. I got lucky - only three people
asked me off list "What's up with Getty?"

Those of you who depend on the list for help can sign
up for one of the Yahoo groups. Art Education
subscribe address is on Incredible Art Department.

Randy - if you see this. I posted to ArtsEducators
list Saturday the list was down. I would have answered
your list post off list but my mail does not get
through to you anymore. Everyone else had already seen
my list post.

There is no one at Getty to answer questions
now....but I am guessing that the server was bombarded
with virus emails as the Yahoo lists have been
attacked heavily. Each time that happens - they need
to set up a different command to reject them. Lyris
works automatically. If it didn't I supsect we would
have lost the list a long time ago. Whatever happened
this time must have been an easy fix.

So next time you want to know "What's up?" - be ready
with a back up list. Sign up for Art Education list to
get the digest version - only one email a day.

Judy Decker