(USA) Teachers in Need of Supplies Reply - Plus Iraqi Kids Update

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 13:10:43 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Nnaell had a good point that many list members may be
in need of your surplus supplies.

I am willing to put together a file of those who are
in great need of supplies and match them up with a
list of teachers who have a surplus. Why? All of the
organizations I have written to about Supplies for
Iraq do not want random boxes of art supplies. They
want uniform, individual packages for all kids in the
school. Maybe your odds and ends of surplus could go
to help a needy list member?

PLEASE only those list members reply that have no
means of generating funds for yourself. We may be able
to rally around to help.

Now - Update on Supplies for Iraq. It seems the best
solution is for all who want to help to contact
Operation Iraqi Children.
http://www.operationiraqichildren.org/
(Thanks Sara Wren for this link)

They are in direct contact with Iraq and are best able
to put your donations to use. I have not been able to
find any organization that can get Art Supplies
delivered and distributed. OIC has not replied to my
email (yet). I will focus my personal efforts locally
to help Lillian Abilita get the local supplies
packaged and sent.

Reply to me OFF list if you are in great need of
supplies for your school. I will put a file together
later - right now I will just collect name and email
addresses (reply in the next two days - thru
Thursday).

Regards,

Judy Decker