School Children in Iraq DO Need Supplies - Update

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 14:50:18 PDT

Dear Getty List Members,

Thank you to all who have rallied around on this
topic. I spent my entire day surfing the web to try to
find a contact - calling locally - phoning numbers I
found online....and of course emailing when an address
was given...Yes I did email the President (just
because).

I did find out that the children DO indeed need
supplies - verified on the Iraq Embassy site.

I will give you exact details in a few days....but I
am thinking the best solution right now would be to
mail your supplies here to Lima where Lillian Abilita
is collecting. She will get a good rate for shipping a
large quantity to Iraq all at once. She could also get
your names sent to his family. His parents are now
living in the Philippines. His wife and daughter I
believe are in Texas.

From what I have been able to determine after all of
my web wanderings and phone calls, money is needed
most. I am hopeful someone will contact me to tell me
what organization is most likely to purchase ART
supplies.

Also from what I can gather - these organizations are
more likely to accept goods from a company rather than
individuals. Say for instance a company like Sax?

More details to come.

Regards,

Judy Decker