Faux Stained Glass Lesson update on IAD - Middle School

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 11:29:08 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

List members frequently ask for easy ideas for middle
school for Middle Ages. Denise Pannell has sent in a
winner of an idea...Faux Stained Glass:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Heather-middle.htm
Click on the link at the top of lesson page.

I added some tips for turning them into radial design
for math integration. Sorry I don't have any samples
to show. I do know that having the students figure out
how to draw the circle and then divide it will be more
than you will have time for in one 50 minute class
period. If you have several days to work on this - by
all means teach them how to use the compass and
protractor, too (I did). I have written up the easy
teacher prep way to save time.

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker