RE: Bellwork?

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 07:00:44 PDT

At a previous school, I had loose paper ready to go (1/2 sheets of copy
paper), in boxes as the kids walked in. They grabbed a sheet, sat down,
I introduced a quick warm/up (5-10 min). Then they got down to work...
Actually this grew out of a need for more transition/set-up time between
classes. During the warmup I'd pass out the ongoing projects or some of
the supplies ready for the rest of class that day.
I saved those sketches all year in copy paper boxes, categorized by
class and grade, then each student assembled their sketches into a book
at the end of the year. Parents looked forward to these books.

Jan