School Children in Iraq Need Supplies

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 05:23:04 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Pardon the duplicate posts you may receive...but this
is important and needs to go to all lists. A former
student of mine was killed in Iraq on Wednesday. Just
two days after he sent an email to the Lima News
seeking help in getting school supplies to the
children of Iraq. I would like to rally around as many
art teachers as possible to see what you might have in
surplus that could be donated in his memory (and in
memory of the soldiers from your communities, too). I
would ask that you also include a note on how those
supplies can be used for art projects - some lesson
ideas (no great details) as I don't know if they have
art teachers in their schools.

I have made some calls to try to track down some
mailing addresses and will post back to the list once
I get those phone numbers and addresses.

More details to come.

Regards,

Judy Decker