Digital camera/ plus some extra venting

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 19:20:37 PDT

Hello all!

Hope your year is going well so far.

My main reason for posting is that I'm wondering if any of you know where (online or in real life) I can buy a digital camera fairly inexpensively. Best Buy's cheapest camera is $99. Plus, will I need to buy a memory card with it? I only use my digital camera for taking pictures of artwork at home and school and for Ebay stuff. So, I will not need to save lots and lots of pictures at one time.

Now for my little vent.. and I know art teachers can fully understand my frustrations. Last week, I fired my kiln for the first time of the year. The next morning, I went into school and the lid (cement) was broken into 3 separate pieces!! The kiln is about 40 years old and has never been serviced. Needless to say, that was a fiasco to get fixed. I got it fixed today and finally left school at about 8 pm. Oh, and I have about 100 clay projects waiting to be fired.

Also today, my personal digital camera (which I also use for yearbook) stopped working!! Disk drive error it says. The guy at Best Buy was saying since it was so old (about 4 yrs.) I'd probably be better off buying a new one instead of fixing it. Let's hope things start getting better and I don't have any more major problems.