Re: art club

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 13:20:31 PDT

My middle school art club meets tuesday from 3:30-4:30, I have about 18 kids. This year so far we have made clay coil pots and clay animals, and last week we made popup books. I can't charge a fee, but I design T-shirts for a local run and the local art festival and that $$ goes into my fund, so I have about $150 a year. Otherwise, I buy the supplies personally, but am managing this year to ....so far....not spend my own money (as if using the $$ I get making designs isn't my own money).

We don't do banquets, decorations, posters, etc., we just make art. There are things I can do with a small group that I could never afford to do with all my students.

In the spring we will take an all-day field trip to an art museum and large art festival with the Home Ec Club.

One student is working on a fairly large acrylic painting on canvas suring art club. It is an idea she had for the school library, and she is the most committed artist I have. The librarian paid for the canvas.

Betty

---