Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Marbling with STARCH

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 20:02:17 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

Remember that question "what to do with all that
starch?" you go - Marbling! Jeryl had a marbling
day with her art club. She had stations set up for
marbling on shaviing cream - chalk floating on water -
and tempera on liquid starch (mixed with water).

Here are some "how tos" for liquid starch marbling:
This one suggests watered down acrylic:

How to using Linit Starch:

There are more links out there.... I did read that
some brands of starch don't work - so try your brand
first before doing it with kids. Most recommend
watered down acrylic paint. One set of instructions
said a cookie sheet would work - that was enough of
layer of starch. Many just say blue liquid starch.

I did save one image from Jeryl's site to put on the
Marbling page on IAD.
See lots of new work!

Happy marbling.

Judy Decker