Marbling with STARCH

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 20:02:17 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

Remember that question "what to do with all that
starch?"

Well...here you go - Marbling! Jeryl had a marbling
day with her art club. She had stations set up for
marbling on shaviing cream - chalk floating on water -
and tempera on liquid starch (mixed with water).

Here are some "how tos" for liquid starch marbling:
This one suggests watered down acrylic:
http://www.trschools.com/staff/d/kdefibaugh/lp31.html

How to using Linit Starch:
http://www.linit.com/cgi-bin/display.pl?p=907033507

There are more links out there.... I did read that
some brands of starch don't work - so try your brand
first before doing it with kids. Most recommend
watered down acrylic paint. One set of instructions
said a cookie sheet would work - that was enough of
layer of starch. Many just say blue liquid starch.

I did save one image from Jeryl's site to put on the
Marbling page on IAD.
http://www.anderson4.k12.sc.us/schools/les/art/art_club-04-05.htm
See lots of new work!
http://www.anderson4.k12.sc.us/schools/les/art/art.htm