Re: Liquid Tempera vs. Tempera Cakes?

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 16:32:57 PDT

In a message dated 10/12/04 6:52:21 PM, Smjahnle@aol.com writes:

> Hello!  Advice needed on liquid tempera vs. tempera cakes!

Tempera cakes are great and sooo easy to use. I do not like the black
plastic containers however so I just buy all the cakes individually and fit them
(12 colors) into a cut down box which makes a great paint tray. As colors are
used up I can replace them individually. They seem to stain more than other
paints but the colors are nice, but thin.

My students much prefer the thick and creamy jar tempera paints. I use the
blocks to get them used to using the paint center and setting up their own
paints. When a class has done that really well for awhile they "earn" the thick
and creamies, which are far far superior for serious elementary painting.

congratulations on a ROOM!!! ooo lala!
kathy douglas

---