Re: Is it June yet?

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 19:39:22 PDT

Judy,

I'm exhausted just reading your e-mail! I'm feeling the same way as
you, though I should be really happy in this second year at my new
school. The only term I can think of is "a general malaise."

One reason for feeling low: Those of you familiar with Mike Lacapa's
wonderfully illustrated books may want to know that he's in critical
condition at the UNM Trauma Center in Albuquerque following a car
accident. He was raised on the rez where I taught for so long and is a
great guy. I just found out the other night how bad off he is. Send
healing thoughts his way.

Maggie

JudyandharryS@aol.com wrote:
> Okay, I'm not sure I can do this another day, let alone the rest of the
> year. <big snip>
> It goes on and on and on--oh yes, instead of two afternoons for parent
> conferences, our school holds conferences from 1 till 7, after we already taught
> all our classes in a half day. I am exhausted.
> Thanks for listening--wish I felt better already. I love the kids, and I
> love teaching art--but this year is it for me.
> Judy S

---