Re: State Standards questions

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 12:15:11 PDT

I'm trying to respond to you but my program keeps popping up
artsednet--sorry--delete if you're not interested

1. Does your state have academic standards for teaching art?
Yes, based on NAEA's standards . 1 Knowledge (technique) 2.Application
(elements & princ.) 3. Content (symbols and subject matter 4. Context
(history & culture 5. Interpretation (critique) 6. Cross-curricular

2. Have you had training in using the standards? If yes, where?Through
DBAE work--conferences, workshops

3. Are you required by your school or district to use your state
standards
for each lesson?
Yes, We should but not every part in every lesson

4. Regardless of school/district requirements, do you use the standards
on a
regular basis? Yes, I think they're good teaching

5. Do you think that your state standards are too prescriptive? Too
broad?
Just about right?I like ours. The whole list of crap they put out with
benchmarks and excess verbage was way too prescriptive, but when reduced
to these "power standards" they work really well.

From Northern Arizona,
Pam

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu