Re: Engaging High School Students

---------

From: Sarah Bernardi (bernardi_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 11:30:24 PDT

Random thoughts-
show them examples of current exhibiting artists work, compare that
work to the older work you are showing, use the internet, bring in a
visiting artist, preferably a hip, young one, make examples that
incorporate pop culture that thay are into, watch a little MTV to get
some ideas, make it matter to them personally.

>>> Gabrielle.Bliss@mpls.k12.mn.us 10/11/2004 12:24:26 PM >>>
 your thoughts please:
I just watched my student teacher try to engage our students in a well

though out and well planned presentation on relief sculpture. 2
culturally relevant slides for the students to look at. Clay relief
sculptures to follow. They were pathetically unengaged. She used the
traditional show the slides up front and asked questions. Does anyone
have other strategies on how you might engage Urban High School
students in learning?????????????(I know, not a new topic)
Gabrielle

---
bernardi@berkeley.k12.sc.us
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
Berkeley County School District provides employee E-mail
access for administrative and instructional use. E-mail
correspondence to/from Berkeley County School District
is considered public information and subject to release
under the South Carolina Freedom Of Information Act
or pursuant to subpoena.
<<<<GWAVAsig>>>>
---