Art on a Thread "Challenge" - idea theme page

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 11:00:51 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

"Art on a Thread" is the first topic page I am going
to work on.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Recycle/recycle.htm

I gave Art Education list a list of topics I had saved
from the past year (all had given me permission to
publish them at the time)....and this one was the
winner. I have many posts saved from a year ago so
don't need more ideas posted at this time - UNLESS you
have an image to go with the idea. Only ideas
submitted with images will be considered for the prize
- a fine art dollie (made by me). I am leaving this
challenge open all year.

Once I get all of the ideas sorted and on the page now
- I will open it to more suggestions without student
examples.

Kathy Douglas - if you see this - care to submit some
of your student found object sculpture? I have the
book, Beautiful Stuff: Learning with Found Materials,
listed as a source on this page.

Does anyone have examples of found art sculpture? I
have a lesson plan for that already.

Reminder - WOW Watercolor Challenge is continuing
through this month.

Barbara Yaloff was the winner in her "FUN End of the
Year" activity fo rthat challenge page....her doll to
come soon (I decided to keep the doll I made for that
one - smile). All of the ideas on that page are being
worked into other lesson pages.

Regards,

Judy Decker