RE: art club

---------

From: San D (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 10:02:46 PDT

We reinstuted our art club this year (high school). We are fortunate enough
to also reinstitute an art gallery (found empty space, albeit small, in the
school). The art club will be the stewarts of the gallery space. They will
arrange the shows, critique, judge the entries (with the advisors'
guidance--3 of us), decide on how to show the work (thematic shows, thematic
presentation), send out the invitations, write the publicity, make posters
and arrange the opening party. So far we have elected officers, and are in
the midst of deciding on the invitational shows (to seniors, to elementary
school students, to other high schools). The last time I had an art
club/gallery situation, there was also a group show of the art club members
work.

San D

---