Engaging High School Students

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 09:24:26 PDT

 your thoughts please:
I just watched my student teacher try to engage our students in a well
though out and well planned presentation on relief sculpture. 2
culturally relevant slides for the students to look at. Clay relief
sculptures to follow. They were pathetically unengaged. She used the
traditional show the slides up front and asked questions. Does anyone
have other strategies on how you might engage Urban High School
students in learning?????????????(I know, not a new topic)
Gabrielle

---