Re: Integrating Art History

---------

From: Jennifer Maria (jenniemar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 07:07:00 PDT

I teach art history beginning to end in all my ART I classes. I have
Powerpoints with art images and clickable links to neat sites (like the
Lascaux Cave). They are handed vocabulary sheets and are required to take
the definitions down themselves. We do 1-2 art lessons per unit/style.
My ART II classes are hand picked (all A's in ART I- no behavior problems)
and we do artist of the week computer searches to look in depth at various
artists that parallel whatever lesson we are on at the time. Having art
history the year before helps them 'place' the artist in whatever style or
time they worked.

what's funny is-
I teach an evening art appreciation at the local community college and the
class is held at the high school in my town. When my old students turn
juniors or seniors and take this college course from me they remember alot
of it from their junior high class!

might I add- I love art history......

Jennifer Phillips

---