daily schedule

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 04:15:46 PST

okay daily schedule: this schedule has been fought for and carved out by a
strong teachers union that protects it's teachers.
advocate group
15 0r 30 minutes depending on all the tasks the administrators set us. It
is new this year, and it has as much prep as all my other classes.
period 1 40 minutes art 1
period 2 40 minutes art 2
period 3 study hall assigned 24 in my room that doesn't hold 24, but
currently there aren't that number in it. 40 minutes
period 4 art 3 40 minutes
lunch 18 minutes
period 5 currently my prep period but it is slowly being co-oped by
students who don't want to be at their study halls. 40 minutes
period 6 Art 2 same time
period 7 Art 1 same time
after school every day till 3:30 for some reason or another
volunteer art club =4 hours a month plus 2 hours prep for it.

The sequencing of this schedule is great, as I have breaks that are evenly
spaced through out the day. Since we are in an old shop building it is a
long walk to every where. I use a percentage of my prep period every day at
the photocopier in the building that is a ten minute roundtrip walk. I also
used to have a cap of 16 students that went to 18 then 20 and no one admits
to the 22 per class with 5-7 special needs groupings that I have this year.
I have the budget that I have 14 years ago with huge classes. The room is
about the size of a large shoe box. Randy

---