RE: Integrating Art History

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 21:41:00 PDT

I integrate Art History whenever possible because the secondary teacher at my
district does not do any! So, after fifth grade, they get no exposure to
artists unless it is independently. I asked him once, why he didn't teach art
history and he said he didn't think they needed to learn about artists to
learn how to draw or paint. I was dumbfounded! He is strictly a "process"
teacher. This is why most of my lesson ideas posted to the list include art
history of some sort, whether it be videos, video mainstreaming from the net,
books, visuals, or music.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

---