kindergarten...art

---------

From: lia (johnsolia_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 18:06:48 PDT

I taught art to kindergarten at various times in my career for 45 and 55
minutes. I loved it and never had a big problem filling up the time with
important activities. They do have a short attention span especially in
the early Fall. We just changed activities often. We would do art, read
about art, look at art, listen to art, create shapes and lines with our
bodies, sing about art things, practice different skills, do art
exercises, and talk about what we were learning....sometimes all in one
lesson. I actually can't imagine having Kinder for a shorter time than
that. 30 minutes is too short for me....though seeing them every other
day would be nice. ...lia

---