Re: Your Weekly Schedule

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 11:01:08 PDT

I too am horrified by what seems to be someone thinking they could load
all their 'cleanup' onto you. That is, it sounds like your principal
gave you all the rest of the tasks on his to do list when he hired you.
(1. hire 2 aids, 2. hire 3/4 time HS teacher, 3. hire 3/4 time ES
teacher, 4. hire half time MS teacher, etc.)
Certainly something needs to be done. Many good suggestions have been
made relative to getting some action from your principal.
IF, however, you need temporary sanity, I would offer this. I teach
secondary and grades 9-12 get the same presentations on artists, but I
change them every year. (This is not projects but presentations on
diverse traditional and contemporary artists.) Following this way of
thinking, however, I think you could do not just the same artists but
the same art projects with, say, grades 1 and 2, and then change it
next year to something different for both grades. Maybe you could cut
your preps in half this way. Or even more, doing essentially the same
for 1-4. For Ohio the standards are only in 3 groups, 1-4, 5-8 and
9-12. So maybe you can cut way back in your prep--as a means of
survival.
Just my 2 cents.
Beth

---