I am picking my chin up from the foor to the new teacher

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 05:38:22 PDT

Helping other teachers as an Ed tech IS not your job. They did not tell you
this information when they HIRED you. NO art teacher that I know is
expected to do this. YOU NEED the time to plan and grade your own classes.

What message does it give your students when they see you in this role as
cutter of paper. Those teachers should be asking you how they can help you
in your first year.

GO to your union rep. Talk to them. Go into to your principal. (Take an
advocate in with you )to the principal In a polite and firm way say you
don't have the time for this "helping them", when you are starting a
program. BE firm. Remind them that this wasn't mentioned when they hired
you and it SEEMS like they are taking advantage of you.

Please please do not be a door mat now, as it will only get worse.
Randy in Maine

---