Re: Your Weekly Schedule

---------

From: JMJ Smith (jmj_s_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 21:13:47 PDT

Oops...I should've typed art teachers' (apostrophe after "s") Sorry!

JMJ Smith <jmj_s@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello All! I'm the new art teacher who was ready to quit a few weeks ago. I'm still hanging in there! My days go by so fast, but I just don't seem to have enough time to plan lessons, set up/clean up between classes, grade projects and sketchbooks, hang student artwork, etc. I'm teaching 20 classes per week (PreK-12), plus I was informed (after I was hired) that I would have to assist several classroom teachers during some of my "free time" slots. I've been helping them with such things as grading papers and cutting construction paper for their classroom projects. Meanwhile, I've been working late every evening trying to catch up on my art workload. I hate to complain, but I'm feeling overwhelmed. I don't even take a lunch break. I spend that time preparing for my afternoon classes.

I'd like to get an idea of what other art teacher's schedules are like. Would you mind sharing your weekly schedule with me? In addition, any advice would be appreciated! You may email me directly if you prefer. Thanks so much.