need Renaissance shield ideas

---------

From: K A (arizkma_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 18:42:00 PDT

Next week I need to make Renaissance era inspired shields with my third graders for decorations for an upcoming school dance. The PTA provided large poster boards to cut in circles. I'm looking for suggestions of what to do from there. I was thinking of having students paint them with a bright colored tempera background and a black image in the center (dragon, etc.), perhaps outlined with glitter. That's what the shields look like at our local Renaissance Festival (minus the glitter), so I can't seem to get anything but that image in my mind. Any other ideas? Thank you.

~ Kathleen