RE: Visual arts around the world

---------

From: Vicki Leishman (vicki_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 18:28:45 PDT

Hi Marian,

I entirely agree with you. I think the key words are 'fundamentalism' and
'conservative' not religious. In this instance, the researchers were making
specific reference to the 'Back-to-Basics Movement'. I would certainly not
place the Catholic school system in that category; both my sons attend a
Catholic boys school. The school places a great deal of emphasis on 'The
Arts' learning area and its importance to the development of the 'whole'
person. Not to mention: football, cricket, hockey, soccer, swimming, tennis,
basketball, weightlifting, martial arts, athletics ... !! :-).

Cheers,
Vicki Leishman
Perth, Western Australia

---