Many thanks for your thoughtful responses. They will be greatly appreciated by my students.
----- Original Message -----
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 2004 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: State Standards questions
In a message dated 10/9/2004 10:52:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email@example.com writes:
Please respond to my personal email address rather than the list.
1. Does your state have academic standards for teaching art?Yes , Florida has the Sunshine State Standards.
2. Have you had training in using the standards? If yes, where? No, there self explanatory and easy to understand.
3. Are you required by your school or district to use your state standards
for each lesson? We are encouraged to exceed the standards of the public schools.
4. Regardless of school/district requirements, do you use the standards on a
regular basis? daily
5. Do you think that your state standards are too prescriptive? Too broad?
Just about right? They are broad, but I dont want anything more stringent or stifling.
Patricia Duresky -Art Dept. Chair
teaching 10 yrs.
Coral Springs Christian Academy