State Standards questions

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 07:51:02 PDT

Quick questions for you. If you have a moment, I'd appreciate your response.
This will be used to assist some undergraduate art ed students who are
researching how the standards impact art instruction.

Please respond to my personal email address rather than the list.

1. Does your state have academic standards for teaching art?

2. Have you had training in using the standards? If yes, where?

3. Are you required by your school or district to use your state standards
for each lesson?

4. Regardless of school/district requirements, do you use the standards on a
regular basis?

5. Do you think that your state standards are too prescriptive? Too broad?
Just about right?

From Northern Arizona,
Pam

---