Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Conserving a Master Piece - Art/Science connections

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 07:00:24 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Many of you can show Pablo Picasso's painting Les
Demoiselles d'Avignon (1907)to your students. I had a
cubism poster featuring that work and never had a
problem with middle school kids.

Here is a web site from Museum of Modern Art (NY) that
goes into the conservation process of this work:
This month's (?) Smithsonian has an article, too.

Find out more about conservation:

Restoration Online -- The Minneapolis Institute of

Pablo Picasso's The Tragedy

Taking some time with these sites may interest a
student in a career choice - you never know...

Judy Decker

Do you Yahoo!?