RE: marker projects?

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 13:13:09 PDT

Wendy,
I have a project which my fifth graders LOVED and would definitely work with
older students. It is adapted from an Arts & Activities lesson I saw years
ago.

Where's the Teapot?
The students have several bottles, mugs, vases, and a teapot to study. They do
a contour line drawing of each object, turning the page after each so that
they are all going different directions on the paper. They also may overlap.
The students then use curved lines to break up any large areas remaining on
the paper. This creates a shattered, puzzle-like appearance. The students will
color each piece of the puzzle (no matter how small) with marker and add
pattern on top using a variety of markers and pens. No two pieces can be the
same! Either the color or the pattern must change. The end result is a pattern
camouflaged drawing. I post a list of items for the viewer to hunt for. Some
of the markers we used for this project are gel pens, Crayola markers,
Sharpies, metallic markers, white-out pens, Overwriters, Color Changeables,
fine-tip pens, etc.
You really have to see them to believe. The kids' turned out great! I can send
images, if you want(but it is my example- gives you the idea, though) :)

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From wendy free <wendypaigefree@yahoo.com> =====
>hi!
>
>does anybody have any nifty ms/hs level marker projects to share? am looking
for something exciting for my art 1's...

>:D wendy free

---