Re: marker projects? Wendy

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 14:16:39 PDT

Hi Wendy,
   One project my 5th graders looked forward to (and can be adapted up for
ms and hs) involves using the marker tips to makes lots of dots a la comic
strip dots. I made it an enlarging project by the grid system. They could
change colors, add new images/details to their comic panel as long as it
kept the "look" of the printing process. I told them about Benjamin Day,
the printer after whom the dots are named, and shared the work of Roy
Lichtenstein who was inspired by the comic image. All of that stippling
motion had a rather hipnotic/therapeutic effect on the kids and they could
do this for hours if I let them. Judy D may even have my lesson on her site
under grid enlarging projects. I remember we had an hysterically
funny/heated discussion on the list at the time as to how the kids can use
rulers to measure....or in most cases NOT.

                               Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                               Art teacher, K-5, retired

does anybody have any nifty ms/hs level marker projects to share? am
looking for something exciting for my art 1's...

:D wendy free

---