Drum Beats: Lesson for K-2 (adaptable for higher grades) - Fran

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 08:11:12 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters - especially Fran,

Here is a lesson from Children's Museum of
Indianapolis to help you with your cultural drums
unit.
Drums: Catch the Beat (from grades K-2 - but I am sure
you can revise for higher grades):
http://www.childrensmuseum.org/teachers/unitsofstudy_drumunits_k-2.htm

Lesson focuses on African drums/various countries.
Look it over - No need for you and your school to
"reinvent the wheel". Check the resources listed, too.
All pdf files.

Thanks Ellen Sears... I did some snooping on this
site. I added a link to the puppet lessons.

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker