high school art in urban schools

---------

From: Madeline Fersko (maddy74_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 17:17:20 PDT

Im currently teaching general ed elementary in nyc. However my undergrad is
in art, and by the end of the year I will have my art certification and plan
top look for a position teaching art in a high school. I'd like to work with
high school students in art as Im more interested in working with students
who are older and can benefit from higher level art lessons...like color
theory, under painting techniques, porportions of the face etc..as these are
all aspects of art that I enjoy.
   However, as Ive never taught high school and Im sure especially in an
urban area like NYC there may be some particular challenges. So if anyone
here on the listserv has taught art in urban areas to high school age
students in particular I would love to hear about your experiences.

Thank You
Madeline

>From: "Rick Larson" <jrlarson51@comcast.net>
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>